Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
Why choose a IT Networking Apprenticeship with us?
We offer IT Networking Apprenticeships throughout Greater Manchester in partnership with NowSkills. IT networking is the correct route, if you want to become a Junior Software Engineer, a Network Engineer, a Programmer, a Security Specialist or a Web Developer. It is a vocational, work-based course which gives you the opportunity to earn while you learn. If you want to gain a nationally recognised qualification at the same time as gaining valuable work experience in an IT environment, this course is ideal for you.
What does a IT Networking Apprentice do?
- Deploys, installs and configures Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 clients
- Interacts with, and advises customers in an appropriate manner
- Designs, follows procedures and plans system maintenance activities
- Installs, configures and tests computer hardware and software
- Understands factors affecting computer performance and how to optimise it
- Installs, uses and troubleshoots applications in the Microsoft Office suite
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots computer network equipment
- Administers network users and maintains network security
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and must show willing to learn and progress in the IT industry.
What is the duration of the course?
NowSkills IT Apprenticeships works with your employer for the duration of the IT Apprenticeship and will arrange for you to attend up to 12 weeks of IT skills development courses based in one of our training centres. At the end of your IT Apprenticeship, you’ll have 12 months of real IT working experience and relevant qualifications to kick-start your career in IT.
How can I progress in IT Networking?
Upon completing your NowSkills IT Apprenticeship you will equipped with the industry knowledge and skills to take on any suitable role within IT.
What Qualifications will I gain?
1. BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT (Networking and Systems Support)
2. BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
3. Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT:
Functional Skills are qualifications in Maths, English and ICT that equip learners with the practical skills needed to learn, live and work successfully.