Apprentice Footwear Operative
|Vacancy Ref: VC0007||Sector: Performing Manufacturing Operations|
|Location: Burnley||Postcode Area: BB12|
|Salary/Hour: 3.40||Hours: 37.5|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work off own initiative
- Real desire to learn new skills
- Team player.
- Learning the technical aspects of shoe manufacturing, including sidewall stitching, stitch and turn sole stitching.
- Learning how to maintain machinery and ensure machinery is clean and fit for purpose at all times.
- Learning all aspects of quality control (both during and at the end of the production process), ensuring products are of sufficient quality to go to the customer
- Being trained to identify and rectify faults with the shoes
- Learning and complying with all Health and Safety aspects of the role
- Taking delivery of, and checking the quality of the component parts of shoes, from all over the world
- Packing, labelling and sending shoes out to customers
- Other assistance to the production team as appropriate