Apprentice Support Worker
|Vacancy Ref: VC0009||Sector: Health & Social Care|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL3|
|Salary/Hour: 7.50||Hours: 37|
|Entry Qualifications: No formal qualifications required, training will be given|
Skills & Qualities:
- Listening Skills
- Speaking Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Able to prioritise
- Recording notes
- Supporting clients in their own homes, with their care requirements, while promoting independence.
- Ensuring all care is delivered to a high standard, and documented within the client’s care plan.
- Personal care – you’ll be expected to help clients with several tasks, such as getting into and out of bed, washing, bathing and dressing, or, where necessary, providing continence support.
- Overseeing medication – you’ll be responsible for helping clients to manage their medication after the appropriate training has been provided.
- Home help and running errands – you’ll provide help with tasks and chores around the home, such as vacuuming or preparing meals. Many of our customers require support getting out and about – you’ll assist them with tasks such as shopping or picking up prescriptions.
- Companionship. An important part of your role, is to provide good company for your clients. You’ll become someone to talk to and someone to listen to. You must treat clients with dignity, patience and compassion always
The successful candidate will be expected to travel to clients in the Bolton/Horwich/Heaton area, so a full valid UK driving license and access to a car is essential.