Apprentice Fabricator Welder
|Vacancy Ref: VC0075||Sector: Fabrication & Welding|
|Location: Bury||Postcode Area: BL8|
|Salary/Hour: £5.50 (incentive increases)||Hours: 42.5|
|Entry Qualifications: A-C Minimum Maths & English|
Skills & Qualities:
• We are looking for someone who has a good eye for detail.
• Must have good maths skills as measuring and reading technical drawings are part of the job role.
• Clear communicator and active listener
• Good time keeping, honest and reliable.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Listen to instructions and to be able to follow instructions
• Your duty is to report to the production Manager and liaise with him on all issues within the job description.
• Learn and understand fabrication and welding processes.
• You must learn to read drawings and follow working instructions which are set.
• Carry out general operative works to suit business needs. Involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object.
• Complete and pass all college work
• Keep your work area clean and tidy at all times.
• Ensure all information i.e. drawings and welder reports are handed into the production controller or placed in the production office.
• Carry out dimensional and visual checks and complete relevant paperwork.
• Ensure the weekly time sheets are completed correctly before handing to the production controller
• Communicate improvements, if you have an idea then please put it forward as we are always looking at new and better ways of doing things
• Report all issues to the correct person and by using the correct systems and paperwork
• Communicate issues and work together as a team.
• Follow the procedures for absence and lateness, always communicate with you supervisor manager.
Health and Safety
• You have a responsibility as an employee to work in a safe manner, following safe systems of work.
• Report/Record any near misses
• Always wear appropriate PPE
• You will be expected to keep the shop floor free from hazards and to keep on top of housekeeping.
Please note this vacancy will not commence until September 2017, however interviews will be held prior to this.