Mechanical Engineering Apprentice
|Vacancy Ref: VC0100||Sector: Mechanical Engineering|
|Location: Skelmersdale||Postcode Area: WN8|
|Salary/Hour: £4.50||Hours: 40 hrs ( 1 day will be at Alliance Learning)|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE Grades A-E ,English / Maths / ICT are desirable|
Skills & Qualities:
Display of the following skills & qualities:
- Work ethic – willing to demonstrate the necessary enthusiasm and energy to work, learn and develop within the TrakRap team. Ensuring that attendance levels & punctuality is of an excellent standard for both college and workshop
- Technical skills – able to carry out a variety of technical duties related to the role safely, competently and efficiently with training and/ or support as appropriate
- Service excellence – to deliver the best possible standards to our customers at all times by keeping our promises, never compromising on health & safety and being aware of the environmental impact of our activities
- Customer contact – to build long term partnerships in order to understand and satisfy our customers current and future needs.
- Innovation – share a process of continual improvement and embracing new ideas and added value solutions
- People focus – make teamwork an everyday reality and demonstrate a commitment to your own development and training. Display high levels of communication skills throughout day-to-day work.
Undertake a range of engineering skills & disciplines suitable to the level of training & development possessed at that time. Tasks may be observation-only, supervised or unsupervised dependent on complexity. Tasks will include:
- Reinforce and develop college studies with practical workplace tasks & duties
- Bench hand tool work
- Mechanical & electrical machine assembly tasks from CAD drawings provided
- Wrapping machine testing & repair
- Component fabrication
- Accurate measurement & marking
- Operation of workshop static equipment
- Produce & maintain accurate log book records of work completed
A core element of all engineering & non-engineering tasks will be the consistent adherence of Health & Safety principals and the adherence to the defined safe systems of work.
In addition to the engineering tasks detailed above daily duties may also include:
- Operation of wrapping machine equipment
- Preparation of wrapped product samples for the commercial team
- Trials, testing & analysis of wrapped product
- Goods receipt, issue & orders on SAP system
- Share work place organisation & cleaning with whole team
- Ad hoc research & development projects
Attendance one day a week at Alliance Learning. Classroom & training provider workshop-based learning for all mandatory units of Level 2 Diploma. Completion of all necessary assignments & project work.