Course Overview (Benefits)
The Harness Inspector course is an additional theory and practical assessment to inspector level and is essential for anyone who will personally conduct statutory inspections on behalf of an organisation.
This course provides the essential knowledge and practical application for the statutory Inspection of Harnesses, lanyards and associated ancillary PFPE equipment for use in a MEWP.
Successful candidates will:
• Demonstrate competence in conducting periodic and interim inspections of harnesses and lanyards for use in a MEWP
• Demonstrate how to maintain associated records of inspections
Candidates must have successfully completed IPAF Harness Awareness and IPAF Harness User (1/2 day course).
It is mandatory own PPE must be provided including harnesses , anyone attending a course without relevant PPE will not be permitted to complete the training and full course costs will apply.
New ePAL cards went live 1st June 2021, please download the APP prior to attending , follow the below link.
Course Content/Topics Covered
• Statutory Inspections
• Types of Detailed Inspections
• Longevity and Obsolescence
• Common Types of Damage and Criteria for Failure
• Inspection Report
• Guided Group Learning exercise 1: Harness and Lanyard Inspection.
• Guided Group Learning Exercise 2; Demonstration and group discussion to include associated documentation.
• Guided Individual Exercise 3: Detailed Harness and Lanyard Inspection and completion of associated documentation
Course Duration (days):
Candidates must have successfully completed IPAF Harness Awareness and IPAF Harness User (1/2 day course)
Assessment and Certification
Theory: 10-question open book written test. A pass result requires a score of at least 80%.
Individual Practical Assessment: Inspection of minimum 2 harnesses, 2 Lanyards or SRLs, and 2 Connectors and completion of the associated documentation. This will be observed and assessed by the instructor.
Upon successful completion of the assessment, candidates receive an IPAF certificate.
Method of Delivery: