Course Overview (Benefits)
This course enables delegates to operate the truck model used during training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and accepted good practice; clearly understand the causes of instability of truck and loads; be able to carry out a routine pre-use inspection of the truck and use any reach fork lift truck up to a 5000kg lifting capacity. The aim of this course:
- Improved safety culture and staff morale
- Reduced risk of accidents and incidents
- Reduced risks of claims and prosecutions
- The safe operation of a fork lift truck in areas including factories, stores, warehouses, goods yards and heavy haulage depots
• This course is aimed at candidates that do have previous experience operating a Fork Lift Truck, however, have never received any formal training or have self-taught, an assessment will be conducted at the start of the course, if unsuccessful the candidate will be referred to a Novice course & full course fees will still apply.
• All courses and material will be presented in native English language using high visual content, but the course assumes a reasonable understanding of English, both written and verbal, on every delegate’s part
Suitable footwear should be worn.
All candidates will be registered with NORS, this service is included in the cost of the course. If you wish to purchase a NORS photo ID card an additional charge of £20 is required on the day of training.
Course Content/Topics Covered
This course ensures that delegates gain a better understanding of current legislation and gain skills which will ensure safe use of the reach fork lift truck. Topics covered include:
• Introduction to the lift truck to be used
• Weight assessment
• Controls and instruments
• Handling laden and unladen pallets
• Starting, moving and stopping the truck
• Driving on/off ramps and inclines
• Steering the truck
• Road vehicle loading and unloading
• Operation of hydraulic controls
• Pre-use inspection & takeover maintenance –free standing and racking
• Course review and evaluation
Course Duration (days):
It is anticipated that trainees attending this course will have some previous experience (possibly self taught) and will be familiar with the steering characteristics of this machine but will not have the benefit of adequate, formal training in b
Assessment and Certification
You will complete a multiple choice question assessment, written paper and a practical based assessment throughout the duration of the course. Once you have passed the assessments, you will be issued with an RTITB certificate and photo ID card. These will be valid for 3 years.
Method of Delivery: