Course Overview (Benefits)
This course enables delegates to renew their licence who still hold a valid FLT Reach licence. This course is designed to test the competence of experienced certified operators. The aim of this course:
- Improved safety culture and staff morale
- Reduced risk of accidents and incidents
- Reduced risks of claims and prosecutions
- The safe operation of a fork lift truck in areas including factories, stores, warehouses, goods yards and heavy haulage depots
• This course is aimed at candidates that have been previously formally trained and tested within 3-5 years. Where possible documentary evidence will be required to attend this course, an assessment will be conducted at the start of the course, if unsuccessful the candidate will be referred to either an Experienced/Existing or Novice course & full course fees will still apply.
• All courses and material will be presented in native English language using high visual content, but the course assumes a reasonable understanding of English, both written and verbal, on every delegate’s part
Suitable footwear should be worn.
All candidates will be registered with NORS, this service is included in the cost of the course. If you wish to purchase a NORS photo ID card an additional charge of £20 is required on the day of training.
Course Content/Topics Covered
This course ensures that delegates gain a better understanding of current legislation and refresh their skills which will ensure safe use of the reach fork lift truck. Topics covered include:
•Introduction to the lift truck to be used
•Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
•Controls and instruments
•Starting, moving and stopping the truck
•Handling laden and unladen pallets
•Operation of hydraulic controls
•Stacking/de-stacking free standing and in racking Theory Input
•Safety code Testing
•Practical test of basic operating skills
•Written test of operating knowledge
•Course review and evaluation
Course Duration (days):
R.T.I.T.B certified lift truck operators who wish to reaffirm their driving skills.
Assessment and Certification
You will complete a multiple choice question assessment, written paper and a practical based assessment throughout the duration of the course. Once you have passed the assessments, you will be issued with a renewed RTITB certificate and photo ID card. These will be valid for a further 3 years.
Method of Delivery: