Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies (Level 4 & 5)
Why choose a Foundation Degree with us?
Alliance Learning is working in partnership with the University of Bolton to deliver the Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies. This is a work based course that enables you to further develop your skills of working with young children and widen your job opportunities. This course combines lectures, group work and workshop sessions and independent research and throughout the course you will be applying your theoretical knowledge to practice both in group work and the work setting. Your work experience is an integral part of the programme and while you are on the course you will be visited by a placement tutor who will observe your practice and support your professional development.
What will be expected of you as an Undergraduate?
- To develop and extend appropriate knowledge and skills to underpin work in the early year's sector, recognising the need to embrace new developments
- To develop flexible practitioners able to work within and across professional boundaries
- To produce students with a strong academic and vocational background for employment in the Early Years sector or progression into further academic programmes of study
- To develop transferable skills for use in the workplace
- To develop as a reflective practitioner and setting this in a life‐long learning context
- To develop a critical awareness of current issues within childcare studies and practice
- To develop proficiency in professional and practical skills associated with their area of expertise
- To uphold the Bolton values of social, public and ethical responsibility and environmental sustainability.
When will the next course take place?
The next intake for the Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies will be taking place in January 2019. If you would like to be enrolled onto this course, please call our recruitment team on 01204 677888. The closing date for enrolments is the 21st December 2018.
What are the entry requirements?
- Minimum GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent (2 A-Levels)
- Experience within the early year's sector
- Enhanced and clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate
What is the duration of the course?
2 years full time ‐ £9,000 per year
3 years part time ‐ £6,000 per year
This programme is fully funded through a student loan
This programme will run 1 day per week from 6:00pm-9:00pm at Alliance Learning
Is there any Student Finance available?
Part time students studying for their first degree or higher education course will have access to a government subsidised loan if you are studying at least 25% of a full time course.
No Upfront Costs
- You don't have to pay for the course upfront if you are studying a degree for the first time
- You can get a loan to cover the cost of your tuition, and start to pay back when you are earning over £25,000 a year
How Loan Repayments Are Expected To Work
- You will begin to repay your loan from the April 3 years after the start of your course
- You repay 9% of your income above £25,000. For example, if you are earning £25,000 a year, the 9% would only apply to £4,000, meaning you would repay around £30 per month
- If your salary falls below £25,000 per year, your repayments stop. They would start again when you are earning over £25,000
- Loan repayments will be deducted from your salary, normally through the tax system
- Any loan you have not repaid after 30 years is written off
For more information about the financial support available, visit https://www.gov.uk/student-finance
How can I progress in Early Years Education?
After completing your Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies you may want to progress by enrolling onto the BA Hons Degree (Top-up) in Early Childhood Studies.
What Qualifications will I gain?
Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies (Level 4 and Level 5).
Are you interested in the Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies?
If you would like to be enrolled onto this course, you can contact our Recruitment Team on 01204 677888 or click the Apply Online button, where you can fill out the online application form. The closing date for enrolments is 21st December 2018.