Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
What work tasks would a Level 3 Childcare Apprentice complete?
- Contribute to the observation, assessment and planning processes of the setting
- Support children who are experiencing transitions
- Contribute to and implement Health and Safety within workplace
- Develop a positive environment that is inclusive and meets children’s individual needs
- Work effectively and in partnership with colleagues,
- Reflect on practice within own role
- Support children to learn and develop within their early years through purposeful play and stimulation
- Safeguard children
- Develop, maintain and support relationships between children and others
- Support positive behaviour and respond to inappropriate behaviour
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should have:
- Minimum GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
- A warm, caring, patient nature
- Good communication skills
- A sense of responsibility
- The ability to use their initiative and think on their feet
- Ambition and drive
- Passion for the role
- A sense of humour
- Good levels of physical fitness
- Creative ideas
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
What is the duration of the course?
A Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Childcare takes approximately 21 months to complete.
How can I progress in Childcare?
your Level 3 Diploma you may wish to progress further by enrolling on to the
Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies (L4&L5).
What Qualifications will I gain?
1. The Level 3 Diploma in the Early Years Workforce
This certificate is nationally recognised and will be gained through on the job training and the assessment of this which includes written assignments, observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, work product, guided discussions and personal statements. Apprentices will be required to take an end point assessment - this will gain you a pass or distinction.
2. Functional Skills in English and Maths Level 2:
Functional Skills are qualifications in Maths and English that equip learners with the practical skills needed to learn, live and work successfully. If you already have GCSE grades A-C / 4-9 in Maths and English, you will not need to complete the Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications.