Level 2 Diploma in Steel Erecting & Level 3 Diploma in Erecting Engineering Construction Capital Plant Steel Structures
Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB / ProQual)
The aim of this qualification is to validate the competence of site-based individuals working in the engineering construction industry against national standards. The qualification focuses on the skills craftsperson's needs in their daily working life, giving employer's confidence in the level of competence of their employers.
The Level 2 NVQ takes approximately 12 months and the Level 3 NVQ takes approximately 12-18 months.
Level 2 Diploma in Steel Erecting:
To achieve this qualification, candidates must attain a minimum of 48 credits made up from the following;
- All seven of the mandatory units (48 credits)
An optional unit is available if required.
- Contribute to effective working relationships in steel erection
- Work safely and minimise risk in steel erection
- Identify and deal with hazards and emergencies in steel erection
- Move structural steel sections under supervision
- Install structural steelwork components
- Work safely at height on steel structures
- Assemble bolted joints in structural steelwork
Optional Unit - if required
- Dismantle structural steelwork components
Level 3 Diploma in Erecting Engineering Construction Capital Plant Steel Structures:
To achieve this qualification, candidates must attain a minimum of 68 credits made up of:
- All eight of the mandatory units (59 credits); plus
- A minimum of 2 units and 9 credits from the Optional units
- Contribute to effective working relationships in engineering construction
- Work safely and minimise risk in engineering construction
- Identify and deal with hazards and emergencies in the engineering construction work environment
- Prepare structural steel loads for moving in engineering construction
- Move structural steel loads in engineering construction
- Position and erect steel structures in engineering construction
- Erect structural steel sections in engineering construction
- Check that the steel structure is installed to specification in engineering construction
Optional Units (Candidates choose two units from the following options):
- Dismantle structural steel sections in engineering construction
- Determine resource requirements to achieve steel erecting objectives
- Determine technical requirements in engineering to achieve steel erecting objectives
How often will an assessor visit me?
To complete the NVQ it is required that one of our assessors visits you and witnesses you working first hand in your job role. During the qualification, you will receive 4 visits from one of our assessors.
ECITB changes to Steel Erecting NVQ’s Level 2 & Level 3 from 31.12.17
Any registrations completed before 31st December 2017 will run as normal until 2021. New registrations are proposed to start mid-February 2018.
Main changes to the new qualifications are:- The introduction of an online test which will be taken under exam conditions
- The candidates must log onto the ECITB portal and complete the test (estimated time to complete the test - up to 2 hours)
- The cost of the test is £15 per candidate. If the candidate does not pass they can re-sit the exam and this will cost £15 per entry
- The test can be accessed through a tablet or PC, if a candidate is unable to attend Alliance Learning to complete the test, this can be completed onsite, in this case the assessor must be present to invigilate this exam (additional costs may occur).
- All units are now mandatory, there will be no optional units
Are you interested in the Steel Erecting NVQ's?
If you would like to be enrolled onto any of the Steel Erecting NVQ's, you can contact our Sales Team on 01204 677811 or email email@example.com.