Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Intermediate Apprenticeship
What work tasks will a Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprentice complete?
- Gets the classroom ready for lessons
- Listens to children reading
- Helps children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helps teachers to complete written records
- Supports teachers in managing behaviour
- Supervises group activities
- Helps with outings and sports events and carrying out administrative tasks
You will attend training sessions covering areas such as Literacy, Numeracy, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity and Child Development.
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should:
- Enjoy working with children and want to play a part in their education and wellbeing
- Have the ability to work closely and communicate well with teachers and other adults
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Enjoy coming up with creative ideas for activities
- Have good literacy and numeracy and ICT skills
What is the duration of the course?
A Level 2 in Supporting Teaching & Learning normally takes 12 months to complete.
How can I progress in Supporting Teaching & Learning?
Once you have completed the Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, you can then progress onto the Level 3 Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools qualiﬁcation (equivalent to 2 A-Level passes).
What Qualifications will I gain?
1. The Level 2 NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning:
The National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) will be gained through on the job training and the assessment of this.
2. Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT:
Functional Skills are qualifications in Maths, English and ICT that equip learners with the practical skills needed to learn, live and work successfully.
3. PLTS (Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills):
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS:
- Independent Enquiry
- Creative Thinking
- Reflective Learning
- Team Working
- Effective Participation