Data Centre Technician Apprentice
|Vacancy Ref: VC0322||Sector: Electrical Engineering|
|Location: Trafford||Postcode Area: M32|
|Salary/Hour: £150.00 per week||Hours: 37.5|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-C in Maths and English or equivalent|
Skills & Qualities:
• Flexibility in approach and style
• Up-to-date technical knowledge
• Proactive approach to internal team working
• Expert and agile influencing style
• High levels of attention to detail
• Highly developed planning and prioritisation skills, ability to manage own workflow
• Expert customer management and customer service skills - positive approach
• Proactive approach to solutions: common sense approach
• Takes pride in brilliant work
• High standard of written and verbal communication
Data Centre Technician Apprentice | M247
• Project management of on-site works and projects.
• Maintenance of critical buildings and their systems, PDU’s, Fire Suppression, AHU’s, UPS’s, Generators, Cooling Systems, LV Switchgear, lighting and BMS systems.
• Proactive reporting and recommendations.
• Contractor supervision including the issue and verification of permit to works, limitation of access, RAMS and the company safety/electrical rules are followed.
• Issues technical change instructions/recommendations to the DC manager.
• Responsibility of services which have a particular impact on infrastructure.
• Maintain a proactive review and update of the DC Risk Register.
• On-call and callout.
• Performs site inspections and monitors the building BMS alarms and environment monitoring.
• Performs regular preventative maintenance on site.
The successful applicant will also work towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering. You will gain an NVQ Level 3, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills. This means the successful candidate will be required to attend Alliance Learning on a day release basis starting in February 2019.