Customer Service Assistant
|Vacancy Ref: VC0323||Sector: Customer Service|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL3|
|Salary/Hour: £8.75||Hours: 36.25|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-C or equivalent in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the skills taught in the Apprenticeship programme e.g. through work experience and qualifications
- To be IT literate and familiar with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel or equivalent software with good keyboard skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a good level of numeracy and literacy
- Able to follow instructions and work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Able to work flexibly and to adapt quickly to changing demands and requirements
- Awareness of the requirements associated with operating within a customer service environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and creative ways of working
- Enthusiasm to acquire knew knowledge through the Apprenticeship Programme and working with experienced colleagues
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to individual differences
- Accuracy with high attention to detail
- Experience of using IT systems and packages e.g. MS Office Experience of dealing professionally and courteously with colleagues, stakeholders and customers
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To complete a programme of Apprenticeship Training (up to 20% of time) to include studying in own time and completion of learning logs.
2. To complete two internal secondments of one calendar month each in duration in nominated departments.
3. Contribute to Customer Service Excellence and Continuous Improvement activities.
4. Maintain a smart appearance and act in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the University Campus.
Security and Concierge Service:
5. Monitor and engage visitors to the building and direct visitors to classrooms and meeting rooms, as appropriate. Maintain a log of such visitor arrival and departure.
6. Assist partners to ensure special events are organised/delivered effectively e.g. Graduation Ceremonies and Open Days
7. Take accurate notes to complete reports, log book entries and all relevant paperwork to a high standard - including reporting in detail any incidents occurring whilst on duty
8. Monitor and capture Data Information in relation to staff, students and visitors failing to wear issued identification badges.
9. Follow defined procedures for dealing with emergencies such as fire alarms and passing on urgent messages in conjunction with other colleagues in the security team.
10. To operate the University switchboard and deal effectively internal and external telephone calls.
11. To operate fax, e-mail and voicemail and associated equipment ensuring messages are distributed appropriately and promptly whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
12. Oversee and manage access to University car parking, to maintain a diary of car parking reservations and operate appropriate car parking barriers.
13. To undertake a full range of administrative duties to support Student Services, including covering for staff absence as required.
14. To provide help and support to wider University Services as appropriate, e.g. assisting with mailshots etc.
15. To support Student Services at key times by providing a triage service in the Student Centre, appropriate training will be provided.
16. To support the University Freedom of Information requests, identifying appropriate staff to respond to such requests and recording who such requests have been forwarded to.
17. To liaise with key personnel such as caretakers and security staff using the radio system and other means of communication, as appropriate.
18. To participate in the University’s Performance Review process and undertake development activities and actively pursue own development.
19. To participate in University internal and external events, deemed appropriate to the duties and take part in activities such as open days, clearing, enrolment, awards ceremonies etc. as required.
20. Responsible for maintaining a display of University merchandise, dealing with cash sales and keeping appropriate records.
21. Carry out personal and professional development as appropriate to the role.