Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
|Vacancy Ref: VC0328||Sector: Children & Young People's Workforce|
|Location: Leigh||Postcode Area: WN7|
|Salary/Hour: £160.00 per week||Hours: 32|
|Entry Qualifications: Level 2 in Childcare along with GCSE A-C in Maths and English or equivalent|
Skills & Qualities:
• Be punctual and reliable
• Communicate well with staff and children
• Act as a good role model
• Share an interest in children’s development, happiness and well-being
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner | Ambrose Day Nursery
The nursery operates in the old Sunday School which has been fully re-furbished and designed especially for the purpose of a Children’s Day Nursery.
We opened in September 2003 and are registered as a 72 place day nursery.
We have developed over this time with ideas and suggestions from Staff, Children, Parents and Visitors.
When you join our team you will become a valueable staff member and we will assist you in gaining the vital work experience, knoweldge, skills and develop to become a nursery practicioner.
Here you will be working within our small team to work with the children and learn and develop on to become a level 3 practitioner, duties will include:
• Be responsible for the safeguarding of all children and staff
• General care of children aged 0-5
• Follow the curriculum to enhance children’s learning and development
• Document achievements made by the children to be linked into the curriculum
• Work as a team and on your own
• Liaise with parents and staff
• Be aware of allergies/dietary requirements
The successful applicant will also work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children & Young People's Workforce. You will gain an NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills.