Admission Support Assistant
|Vacancy Ref: VC0371||Sector: Business Administration|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL3|
|Salary/Hour: £317.19 per week||Hours: 36.25|
|Entry Qualifications: A-C or equivalent in Maths and English. ICT desirable.|
Skills & Qualities:
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the skills taught in the Apprenticeship programme e.g. through work experience and qualifications
- To be IT literate and familiar with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel or equivalent software with good keyboard skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a good level of numeracy and literacy
- Able to follow instructions and work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Able to work flexibly and to adapt quickly to changing demands and requirements
- Awareness of the requirements associated with operating within a customer service environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and creative ways of working
- Enthusiasm to acquire knew knowledge through the Apprenticeship Programme and working with experienced colleagues
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to individual differences
- Accuracy with high attention to detail
- Experience of using IT systems and packages e.g. MS Office Experience of dealing professionally and courteously with colleagues, stakeholders and customers
Admission Support Assistant | University of Bolton
Becoming an Apprentice at the University of Bolton is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience and training in an educational establishment.
As an Apprentice you will be given the opportunity to learn ‘on the job’, whilst working alongside and being supported by experienced colleagues and achieve formal qualifications relevant to your chosen field.
Main Function of the Post: To support the Admissions Team in processing applications and responding to applicant enquiries as part of the University’s central Admissions function. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To complete a programme of Apprenticeship Training (up to 20% of time) to include studying in own time and completion of learning logs.
2. To complete two internal secondments of one calander month each in duration in nominated departments.
3. Assist in the provision of operational and administrative support to a wide range of activities
4. Assist in the provision of operational and administrative support to a wide range of activities within the Student Recruitment & Admissions Team
5. To assist in all aspects of the applications process including: 6. Provide accurate and professional response to telephone and e-mail enquiries in line with CSE framework
7. Process prospectus requests including sending out hard copy literature a. Entry of direct applications onto SITs b. Upload of relevant supporting applicant documentation into SITS c. Provide support to Admissions Officers during the offer making process as required d. Support applicant data cleansing activities as required
8. To assist in the clearing and enrolment processes within the admissions unit
9. To maintain the integrity of all applicant data held be the admissions unit
10. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the University’s business to ensure the integrity and credibility of the University is maintained and protected
11. Positively promote the University and its services to stakeholders
12. Participate and promote the University’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies
13. To be flexible and adaptable, where required, to meet changing needs of the service, which may involve operating outside of the normal working hours/pattern on occasion including evenings and weekends
14. Maintain a smart appearance and act in professional manner at all times whether on or off the University Campus. 15. To undertake, from time to time, other such duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be required by the Director of Student Recruitment & Admissions.
The successful applicant will also work towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration. You will gain an NVQ Level 3, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.