Apprentice General Practice Receptionist
|Vacancy Ref: VC0380||Sector: Business Administration|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL1|
|Salary/Hour: £117.00 per week||Hours: 30|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-D (or equivalent) in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
We are looking for a friendly, reliable, hardworking person to become part of our busy team.
• Enjoy a busy environment
• Have confidence when on the telephone
• Have an understanding and follow confidentiality at all times
• Work as a team member and be able to prioritise workload
• Have good time keeping
• With compassion and a positive attitude
Apprentice General Practice Receptionist | Bolton Community Practice CIC
• Responsibility for providing first-line contact for patients on behalf of the Centre and dealing with their requests in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Responsibility for liaising with the different services.
• Contributes to the delivery of a range of services for patients.
• Assists with the general duties on the Practice reception.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include:
• Using word processing skills to input details, referral letters and external correspondence.
• Problem solve
• Deal with customers – booking appointment, referrals and queries
• Summarising of medical records.
• Undertakes surveys/audits
• Contributes and makes suggestions for improving service provision.
• Ensuring that the Reception and Waiting area is kept in order.
• Making and receiving calls
• Understanding of medical terminology.
• Maintain high standards at all times - Ensuring practice complies with the Approved Code of Practice in Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
• To ensure that Health and Safety legislation is complied with at all times, including COSHH, Workplace Risk Assessment and Control of Infection.
• Ensure All information relating to patients and staff gained through your employment with this Practice is confidential.
The successful applicant will also work towards an Advanced Business Administrator Apprenticeship. You will gain an NVQ Level 3, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.