Manufacturing Fitter Apprentice
|Vacancy Ref: VC0384||Sector: Performing Manufacturing Operations|
|Location: Wigan||Postcode Area: WN2|
|Salary/Hour: £146.25 per week||Hours: 37.5|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-E or equivalent in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
The skills and qualities that we would require for the role are:
• Ability to work under pressure
• self organisation,
• decision making and self motivation are essential.
• Personal drive and good communication skills.
• Good with working in a team environment,
• A desire to learn,
• The ability to listen and retain information and direction.
• The ability to use initiative and common sense
Manufacturing Fitter Apprentice | LMI Solutions Ltd
LMI Solutions Ltd are experts in aluminium machine building systems. We support our clients with an efficient fast turnaround quality service, our clients range from Formula 1 to the Nuclear Industry. We're currently on the lookout for a Mechanical Fitter Apprentice to work in our Wigan workshop to Machine, assemble and kit our bespoke machine frames and conveyors. The role will suit an individual with a strong mechanical aptitude and ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
• Cleaning factory products
• Assembling factory products
• Cleaning and maintaining machines
• Full workshop maintenance
• Theory and practical skills in machinery used
• Assembly of various guarding and conveyor systems
• Working with a member of staff on a project from beginning of a job all the way through – every aspect of the job
• General workshop maintenance
• Getting familiar with the products and practices
• Work on own initiatives to complete jobs to the correct standards
• Taking on a specific job roles within the factory – complete assembly of bespoke conveyor systems
• To be part of a ladder system within the company involved in every aspect of the company
• Machine operations
• Being involved with site installation
• Cut and machine range of aluminium profile extrusions to specifications
• Build machine frames and guarding bespoke to the clients requirements
• Read, interpret and follow work instructions, engineering drawings and manuals
The successful applicant will also work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Performing Manufacturing Operations. You will gain an NVQ Level 2, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.