Apprentice Electrical / Mechanical Engineer
|Vacancy Ref: VC0498||Sector: Engineering Maintenance|
|Location: Skelmersdale||Postcode Area: WN8|
|Salary/Hour: £207.00 per week||Hours: 40|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A – C (or equivalent) in Maths and English.|
Skills & Qualities:
• Interest in how things work
• Good with your hands
• Interest in learning and bettering yourself
• Candidate must be willing to invest 4 years of his/her future to go to college and come out the other side with a trade and a full time job.
Apprentice Electrical / Mechanical Engineer | Yew Tree Dairy Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join their team as an Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Engineer.
Yew Tree Dairy Ltd is one of the UK’s largest family owned and operated milk processing companies. Established in 1904, it has grown both nationally and internationally through its reputation for producing high quality dairy products.
The apprentice will become part of the maintenance team, where you would be required;
• To conduct effective and efficient pre-planned maintenance of the plant
• Carry out reactive repairs of plant and lines to maximise production
• Hand fitting techniques
• Carry out Fault diagnosis
• Respond promptly to queries
• As this is a food production site, all required hygiene rules would have to be adhered to.
• All provided Personal Protective Equipment must be worn correctly as we can work on chemical equipment, steam pipes / valves as well as the product lines
As an Electrical / Mechanical apprentice your duties would complement both onsite work and the Apprenticeship course, with on site training on a daily basis.
The role is to start ASAP with the day release commencing in September at Alliance Learning in Horwich to complete a Level 3 Maintenance Operative Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.