Apprentice Fabricator / Welder
|Vacancy Ref: VC0507||Sector: Fabrication & Welding|
|Location: Bury||Postcode Area: BL9|
|Salary/Hour: £262.86 per week||Hours: 39|
|Entry Qualifications: Applicants need to have a minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade 4-9 (or equivalent). This should include Maths, English and Science.|
Skills & Qualities:
• Keen to learn
• Team Player
Apprentice Fabricator / Welder | William Hare
The William Hare Group is a family owned business with origins in the UK dating back to the 1880's. William Hare is Europe’s largest independent structural steel contractor, specialising in engineering, fabrication and erection of steel structures – such as Manchester airport (T2), Trafford Centre and Olympic Stadium roof. Throughout the world, the group has carried out projects in over 50 countries and currently employs over 2000 skilled staff.
The role will include:
• Read and interpret engineering drawings
• Assemble components by welding them together
• Ensure finished welds are of a good standard and the required size
• Use a variety of tools, welding equipment and overhead travelling cranes
• Implementation and adhering to all health and safety policies and complete all paperwork relating to health and safety.
This is 4 year apprenticeship in fabrication and welding:
• The first 8 - 10 months Monday to Thursday will be based at College at Alliance Learning in Horwich. Friday will be in the workplace at William Hare.
• You learn the following at college: Health and Safety, Welding principles, Fabrication principles, Fuel cutting principles, communication and mathematics.
• You will gain a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and complete the Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard.