Apprentice Fabricator and Welder
|Vacancy Ref: VC0532||Sector: Fabrication & Welding|
|Location: Heywood||Postcode Area: OL10|
|Salary/Hour: £276.00 per week||Hours: 40 hours per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GSCE’s A*-D or equivalent in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
• Good communication skills, able to talk to all levels of staff and ask relevant questions.
• Organised and tidy (need to be organised for studying elements of apprenticeship and must keep work area tidy for safety reasons).
• Positive attitude to work
• Wanting to learn and develop
Apprentice Fabricator and Welder | Taziker Industrial Ltd (Heywood)
We work in an industrial world, but it’s people that drive us.
Since 1969, we’ve made our name in strengthening and structural refurbishment. However, in truth, relationships have always been at the heart of our business.
We’ve nurtured our staff, grown our services and worked hard to give rock solid reliability and a personable, human approach. That’s how we’ve won long-term clients and grown our team to one of over 550 specialists.
The Apprentice Plater/Welder will work under the supervision of skilled operatives until deemed skilled enough to work under own initiative. You will be predominantly be fabricating large structures for the rail and civil industries.
During your Apprenticeship you will learn the following:
• How to read and interpret and fabricate from drawings
• Learn how to use measuring and surveying equipment
• Learn to use various hand tools such as grinders and Mag drills
• Become a coded welder in both the MIG and MMA processes
• Learn to use oxy fuel cutting equipment
• How to use various machines such as guillotines and band saws
See the types of projects we work on at www.ti.uk.com
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel to Alliance Learning in Horwich and Taziker Industrial in Heywood.