Apprentice Sheet Metal Fabricator / Welder
|Vacancy Ref: VC0601||Sector: Fabrication & Welding|
|Location: Bury||Postcode Area: BL8|
|Salary/Hour: £236.06 per week||Hours: 37 hours per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE grades A*–C / 9–4 (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science.|
Skills & Qualities:
• “Can do” attitude
• Eager to learn
• Able to follow instructions
• Willingness to learn
• Well-presented and with good manners
Sheet Metal Fabricator/Welder Apprentice | Kadant UK
Kadant UK Limited, a global supplier of high-value, critical components and engineered systems used in process industries worldwide, has an opportunity for 1x ambitious Sheet Metal Fabricator / Welder Apprentice to join their team. Their products, technologies, and services play an integral role in enhancing process efficiency, optimising energy utilisation and maximising productivity in resource-intensive industries.
The role will be site based at Riverside Works, Woodhill Road, Bury, Lancashire.
• Support and assist our Production Management Team, working under direction from sector Team Leaders
• Sheet Metal / Fabrication / Welding disciplines
• Machining disciplines
• Read and understand Engineering Drawings and Designs
• Manufacture components directly from Engineering Drawings
• Inspection on arrival and final inspection of fabricated manufactured equipment prior to releasing components to internal departments
• Maintain a safe working environment by following all Company rules
• Maintain professional, respectful and timely service
• Full Apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship.
• Mentor & training buddy will be provided in the workplace
This Apprenticeship will delivered by Alliance Learning in Horwich, Bolton and will start in September 2021. Please note that for the first 8 months of the qualification, you will spend 4 days a week at Alliance Learning, then reverting to 1 day a week after that.