Apprentice Laboratory Technician
|Vacancy Ref: VC0642||Sector: Lean Manufacturing Operative|
|Location: Blackburn||Postcode Area: BB3|
|Salary/Hour: £150.50 per week||Hours: 35|
|Entry Qualifications: A-E / 2+ in English and Maths GCSE. Science GCSE would be beneficial|
Skills & Qualities:
• Good attendance and time keeping
• Good communication skills
• Good work ethic
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Computer literate (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Science qualifications would be helpful
Laboratory Technician Apprentice | Shaws of Darwen
About the Company: Shaws of Darwen provide the Worlds finest Fireclay kitchen and bathroom sink collection. They have been producing timeless, iconic, fireclay products at their premises since 1897.
By joining the Manufacturing team, you will become a vital part of assisting in the general day to day running of the Laboratory.
• Collect samples from various stages of the manufacturing process for analysis
• Perform quality control testing and input data into spreadsheets
• Operate analytical equipment to generate test results
• Communicate with members of the technical and management teams, identify any unusual data or trends
• Support the technical manufacturing operation
• Maintenance of good housekeeping standards within the Laboratory at all times
As well as this you will complete day release at Alliance Learning to gain the vital skills, knowledge and behaviours of the Lean manufacturing qualification.