Print Room Trainee Operative
|Vacancy Ref: VC0666||Sector: Lean Manufacturing Operative|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL3|
|Salary/Hour: £210 per week||Hours: 37.5|
|Entry Qualifications: GSCE’s or equivalent A* - D/ 9 - 3 in maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
• The successful applicant will really want this first step on the ladder and will be eager to learn, be bright, receptive and alert at all times.
• There is a physical requirement to handle rolls of cloth that weigh approximately 25 kilos each. (You will be taught how to lift correctly.)
• It is essential that you are numerate and have clear handwriting, because meterage’s and design names will need to be notated.
• Good time keeping and attendance is a pre-requisite as is a helpful and co-operative manner.
• You must not be colour blind - we test for this by you viewing images and describing what you see within the image.
The speed at which you progress with the various aspects of the job is dependent upon how quickly you learn and how accurately you perform the tasks.
Lean Manufacturing Operative | Edinburgh Weavers
About the company: Edinburgh Weavers create imaginative and striking fabrics that can be used in homes, hotels, healthcare settings and any other space where beauty and quality are valued. They are now looking to add a Print Room Trainee to their team.
Duties include the following:
• You will be involved in picking and packing rolled textile piece goods for despatch.
• You will be trained to operate a machine that fixes printed cloth.
• An understanding of computers will be helpful because all stock control is computerised.
• There will be a level of involvement in the digital printing of cloth alongside understanding and exercising quality control.
• An interest in engineering and a liking of mechanics will be helpful as you will be trained to replace and maintain certain working parts of the digital machine.
As well as Attending Alliance Learning once a week to study towards your Lean Manufacturing Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship.