Apprentice Administration Assistant
|Vacancy Ref: VC0686||Sector: Business Administration|
|Location: Manchester||Postcode Area: M12|
|Salary/Hour: £181.38 per week||Hours: 37.5|
|Entry Qualifications: A-C / 4+ In English and Maths GCSE|
Skills & Qualities:
Technology – A keen interest and knowledge of IT and system interfaces
Communication – Express themselves verbally in a range of situations and in the written word
Organisation – Able to mult-task to contribute to the needs of the business in a timely and controlled manner
Adaptability - Able to adapt their approach to meet internal and external customer expectations and constantly changing business needs
Problem solving – Work through and overcome barriers to achieving desired results
Technology Software - Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint etc.)
Attention to detail – Conscientious in approach to work
Values drive – Open, honest and transparent in the way they work and in relationships with other
Results orientated - Desire to complete tasks and activities in a timely manner to the standard required.
Motivation – Recognises and takes on board opportunities to develop and grow. Sees challenges as opportunities rather than threats.
NAD Services & Securizen | Business Administration Apprentice
This post is a new position in an established security business that is growing rapidly. The work structure is quite fluid at the present time. However, there are plans to formalise the ways of working and to work towards an externally recognised professional business standard.
This position would suit an individual that likes a challenge, can carry out tasks and activities with some guidance but can also work on their own initiative.
Full support will be provided for the development of the individual who is successful in security this position is in line with the Apprenticeship Framework and the future growth and development of the business.
Day to day duties include:
• Maintain office equipment i.e. printers, scanners, laminators, phones etc.
• Process staff and client emails and other communications
• Electronic and manual filing of information and documentation
• Create and organise office files with easy access features
• Complete customer service tasks and activities
• Placing orders, receive and processing goods received
• Contribute to the development of working practice and the formulation of processes
• Contribute to the recruitment and on-boarding of staff
• Contribute to the scheduling of staff work patterns
Alongside this, you will also complete your Level 3 Business Administration Qualification with Alliance Learning.