Administrative Support Assistant (Apprenticeship)
|Vacancy Ref: VC0844||Sector: Business Administration|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL3|
|Salary/Hour: £20,619 Per annum||Hours: 36.25|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE 4+ in both Maths and English and preferably an IT related qualification.|
Skills & Qualities:
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent with Grade C / 4+ or above in English and Mathematics.
• Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the skills taught in the Apprenticeship programme e.g. through work experience and qualifications
• To be IT literate and familiar with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel or equivalent software with good keyboard skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills with a good level of numeracy and literacy
• Able to follow instructions and work autonomously and as part of a team
• Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Able to work flexibly and to adapt quickly to changing demands and requirements .
• Awareness of the requirements associated with operating within a customer service environment Commitment to continuous improvement and creative ways of working
• Enthusiasm to acquire knew knowledge through the Apprenticeship Programme and working with experienced colleagues
• Able to demonstrate sensitivity to individual differences
• Accuracy with high attention to detail Experience of using IT systems and packages e.g. MS Office
• Experience of dealing professionally and courteously with colleagues, stakeholders and customers
Business Administration Apprenticeship at The University of Bolton.
At the University of Bolton, we pride ourselves on our student-focused approach to learning, supporting your career ambitions, and, quite simply, ensuring you enjoy your time at University; through quality teaching, passionate lecturers, supportive environments, great facilities, and on graduation, helping you find a job.
Main Function of the Post:
To support the Operations Manager in the day-to-day administrative tasks and assist with the overall efficient and effective running of the office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To complete a programme of Apprenticeship Training (up to 20% of time) to include studying in own time and completion of learning logs.
2. To complete two internal secondments of one calendar month each in duration in nominated departments.
3. Assist in the provision of operational and administrative support to a wide range of activities including keeping annual leave calendar up-to-date, raising purchase orders and logging them, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and supporting the Operations Manager with any other administrative duties relating to the role
4. Collate and prepare University wide news articles for weekly newsletter to all staff
5. Liaise with departments across the University to support projects and initiatives to support the Operations Manager
6. Assist with coordinating meetings with external organisations and the wider University departments. Attend meetings, take notes/minutes, highlighting actions as needed in support of the Operations Manager
7. Support in calendar management/travel/bookings for senior members of staff within the team
8. Support in managing briefs in conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Design Agency
9. To assist the Admissions Team at busy periods
10. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the University’s business to ensure the integrity and credibility of the University is maintained and protected
11. Positively promote the University and its services to stakeholders
12. Participate and promote the University’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies
13. To be flexible and adaptable, where required, to meet changing needs of the service, which may involve operating outside of the normal working hours/pattern on occasion including evenings and weekends
14. Maintain a smart appearance and act in professional manner at all times whether on or off the University Campus.
15. To undertake, from time to time, other such duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be required by the Director of Student Recruitment & Admissions.
This is a description of the position requirements as it is presently constituted. It is the University’s practice to periodically review job descriptions to ensure that they accurately reflect the position requirements to be performed and if necessary update to incorporate changes were appropriate. The review process will be conducted by the relevant manager in consultation with the post holder.