Course Overview (Benefits)
This course enables delegates to act as an entry controller/Top person who controls entry into confined spaces and works within them. It includes the duties of an entry controller and entry and exit into a medium risk confined space environment.
These confined spaces may be in the water industry such as Drains and sewers or in non-water industries such as pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Construction or Utilities.
IT IS MANDATORY OWN PPE MUST BE PROVIDED INCLUDING HARNESSES ANYONE ATTENDING A COURSE WITHOUT RELEVANT PPE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND AND FULL PAYMENT WILL BE APPLIED.
PHOTOGRAPHIC ID REQUIRED
All delegates intending to use Escape Breathing Apparatus with a close-fitting face mask will need to be clean shaven (any beard, stubble, thick sideburns, long hair or moustache within the region the face mask is intended to seal the face will cause leakage). If in doubt, please contact us prior to the course.
City & Guilds
Course Content/Topics Covered
Delegates on this course will be required to actively participate in group discussions and syndicate exercises analysing and assessing various workplace scenarios; Topics covered include:
• Preparing to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
• Entering and exiting a confined space safely
• Working safely and monitoring the work team to ensure procedures are followed.
• Dealing with emergency situations including use of Escape Breathing Apparatus
• The principals of working in medium risk confined spaces
• The standard protocols for working in medium risk confined spaces
• Entry controller duties and responsibilities
• Equipment checks and inspection required
Course Duration (days):
This course is for personnel who have never received any formal confined space training or who wish to requalify from a previous 6150 qualification.
Assessment and Certification
Delegates will be assessed by written question paper and practical observation, upon successful completion delegates will be awarded with a City & Guilds certificate which is currently valid for 3 years.
Method of Delivery: