Course Overview (Benefits)
This course ensures that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to safety in the workplace
- How health and safety law is structured
- The need for method statements and how to carry out risk assessments
Candidates are required to undertake a 10 minute Tool Box talk as part of the Training
along with a multiple choice examination.
If candidates require any special learning support please speak to the tutor on arrival
Photographic I.D is needed along with N.I Number
Course Content/Topics Covered
This course covers topics including:
- Construction accidents: types, numbers and immediate and underlying causes
- Health & Safety legal system
- Acts, regulations, approved codes of practice and guidance notes
- Risk Assessments including working at height, demolition, noise, occupational health, fire, control of contractors, electricity and confined spaces
Course Duration (days):
This course is designed for those who have supervisory responsibilities in the construction industry. It helps to develop a basic understanding of health and safety and responsibilities at work.
Assessment and Certification
You will complete a 30 minute, 25 question, objective multi-choice examination at the end of the course. Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Certificate. This certificate will be valid for 5 years.
Method of Delivery: