Course Overview (Benefits)
This course is designed for practicing and potential team leaders who want to learn/develop the knowledge skills and behaviours needed to be an effective team leader. The course fully delivers units on Being a Team Leader, Building Working Relationships with your team and Monitoring Team Performance. Once enrolled, you will have access to the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) own suite of resources – Management Direct – for 12 months, allowing you to further learn and develop at your own pace. Management Direct benefits includes weekly webinars, articles, Management diagnostic tool to help you to assess your management skills, KOOTH Mental Health Services, the CMI mentoring scheme in which you can ask for a mentor to support you.
There are no formal entry requirements but attendance on all 6 days is mandatory, and learners are expected to complete all assessments and present for marking no later than 4 weeks after completion of the course.
Course Content/Topics Covered
- Understanding the team leader role and how to be an effective team leader
- Different leadership styles and how to adapt your leadership style in different situations
- The importance of team leaders building working relationships with their manager and supporting management decisions
- Monitoring team performance
- Managing conflict and having difficult conversations
Course Duration (days):
For practicing and potential team leaders who want to learn/develop the knowledge skills and behaviours needed to be an effective team leader.
Assessment and Certification
Learners will complete workbooks assessments, and these will be marked by the tutor and quality assured by Alliance Learning. They are then moderated and certificated by CMI.
Method of Delivery: