Engineering Technician Apprentice - Krones, Westhoughton, BL5
|Vacancy Ref: VC0860
|Sector: Mechanical Engineering
|Postcode Area: BL5
|Entry Qualifications: A-D / 3+ in English and Maths GCSE
Skills & Qualities:
Excellent Communication Skills, including report writing
Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Punctual, Reliable and Enthusiastic
Willingness to learn new skills
Willingness to travel
GSCE’s or equivalent A* - D in maths and English
A GCSE in an Engineering based subject / BTEC in Engineering
Clean Driving License with Test Passed by end of Year 1.
Krones offers lines for the beverage industry and food producers, process technology, filling technology, packaging machines across the UK and world.
We are now looking for three apprentices to join our growing team.
The role of Apprentice Engineering Technician is to assist Krones Field Service Engineers in installing, commissioning and fault-find on a wide range of KRONES machinery. A customer facing role, that is field based requiring travel to customer premises as and when required and potentially at short notice.
- Carry out all aspects of the apprentice framework including offsite and onsite training.
- Assist with the installation and commissioning of individual machines and upgrades in production lines.
- Assist in identifying, eliminating and documenting malfunctions.
- Reporting & Feedback (Service reports, travel reports, warranty reports etc.)
- To have a willingness to learn new technologies and techniques.
- To be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- To be able to work with customer specific guidelines and safety instructions.
You will complete Year 1 at Alliance Learning on block release to again the vital skills, knowledge and behaviours of becoming an Engineer.
PLEASE NOTE: The Engineering intake will start in September with interviews planned in after May 2024.