Mental Health Training Courses
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid - MHFA England
Course Overview (Benefits)
This course is for trainees who require Adult Mental Health First Aid. It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress.This course aims to empower both individuals in the work place and communities to understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and how best to support themselves and those around them in recovery.
Course Content/topics covered
This course ensures that you comply with legislation and covers topics that teach skills that can be transferred to a real life situation, including:
- To enable trainees to gain a Mental Health First Aid (England) award in Adult - Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- Spot the early signs of a possible mental health issue
- Feel confident in how to offer and provide initial help to a person experiencing a mental health issue
- Preserve life where a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
- Help to stop mental health from getting worse and to give hope to someone who needs guidance
- Promote recovery of good mental health
- Guide someone towards appropriate treatment and other sources of help
- Understand the stigma that exists around mental health
- Provide help on a first aid basis
This course is for trainees who require Adult Mental Health First Aid. It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress.
Assessment and Certification
Delegates must attend all training sessions and are assessed throughout. Upon completion, delegates will be a qualified Adult Mental Health First Aider (with the certificate issued by Mental Health First Aid (England).
Location of the training
Training will take place at our Head Office in Horwich.
Method of Delivery
This course is made up of classroom based learning and a practical demonstration.
Suitable clothing for floor work should be worn as learners are required to complete a practical demonstration.